Monday 24 January 2011

Temporary Blip

It was going so well and I was finally starting to bang out some big sessions at a good pace. I was starting the marathon build up in a great place and really looking forward to getting my teeth into some good long runs. I usually have a rest pre-marathon build up, but for some reason I knew I would have to cash it in. I think I was being realistic with my daughter starting Nursery and all the colds and bugs that come with that. Just 3 days after Ruby started Nursery we both went down with a very bad sore throat and a nasty cough. I have been resting as I never like to train through sore throats, and after day 5 I am starting to feel like I could do an easy run tomorrow, hopefully I can wave this bug good bye and get my teeth into some good miles once more. If you are training for a marathon don't panic if you get ill, rest and make sure it has gone before you re-start your running again. 5-7 days of rest will not affect your overall fitness in the bigger picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment