Wednesday 12 January 2011

I was really excited about jumping back into international competition again at the Great North Cross-country in Edinburgh. The week before was no taper week, with the Somerley 10k on the Monday and then a cracking session with the Bournemouth AC lads on the Tuesday night, we did 3 x 15mins with 3mins jog rec, and I felt my strength returning, but the next day my legs were trashed. I was tired for the following few days, so I took it easy and did less miles. A short flight up north, I found myself walking off the plane in Edinburgh into a blizzard. Four inches fell overnight, and made Arthur’s seat look like a winter wonderland. However, the race was no wonderland for me, ghee I forgot how fast and intense XC running is and with a sheer wall to climb up on each lap..(.oh maybe that was a hill) I soon had jelly legs and lactic up to my eyeballs. Despite the grit I had to endure I finished a solid 8th and I enjoyed every moment of it. I am now excited about getting fitter and racing some more, and seeing myself get stronger and faster over the next 3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment