Wednesday 5 January 2011

The new year and ready to go!

Sorry for the lack of postings, but the new year brings more organisation and time to keep my blog updated.

Since I had an average run in Chicago, I have taken my time to build the miles and the fitness again. I have been running consistently and have decided to join up with Bournemouth AC on Tuesday evenings to help me push some pace boundaries and also to motivate me in some tough sessions. Having ran 85 miles over the last 3 weeks I feel like I am starting to turn a corner fitness wise- no where near my peak but working towards it. I am very excited about my race calender this year! It is true I need to run well again, and bag some fast times I can't blame 'just had a baby' any more as Ruby now approaches 19 months. I kicked off the year with a training run at the Somerley 10k, and felt like I had a strong run on the off road trails, finishing 2nd overall and 1st Lady. Now getting very excited about racing on an international level again this weekend at the Great North Cross Country in Edinburgh. It was 2 years since I last raced XC seriously and it was at this very place in the World Championships. Lets hope I can have a solid run and see where I am at.

No comments:

Post a Comment