Thursday 29 July 2010

Achey legs.

My Legs ache! They ache in a good way, a way that means I have been putting in some decent training again. It is a necessary evil, the overload phase of training. It always saps my legs of their bounce and I struggle with my pace, but I know once my body has adapted to the loads the pace will come back along with some more bounce. The true bounce never comes back until the taper time, and that for me is a couple of months away. Right now I am into a focused training month, and I just have to be patient for the fitness to come. I know I am not quite back to my old self in terms of fitness having competed in the Sunderland 10k Last month. For me it was more than seeing where I was in terms of fitness, it was about getting back out on the race scene, getting my racing head back and seeing if I was really ready for it all again. I loved being back in the race environment; it felt like putting on a comfortable old pair of slippers. I ran 34.28 – (and no I wasn’t wearing an old pair of slippers) a time that is a true reflection of where I am at right now, given I had just a month of training under my belt since my injury. So work to do, but I am moving in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment