Tuesday 13 July 2010

Getting in the miles

Finally I am cracking out some decent mileage between 80 and 90 miles per week and completing some good solid sessions. Over the last few weeks I have really noticed that my pace has started to come down and I am able to run faster for the same all out effort. I have noticed also that my recovery between my sessions has improved and this is a great sign that I am getting fitter. Don't get me wrong I am not fit, as I still have a long way to go until I would describe my self as fit....in relative terms my fit is to be able to run 5.20 miles for a half marathon and at the moment I can just about hold it for 6 minutes. So as you can see I have some work to do. Just how much work will be on show for all to see as I am racing the Sunderland 10k this weekend. I am excited about racing, but nervous at how much it might hurt!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the 10K. Unbelievable, I would dream of running 1 mile at 5:20 let alone 13!!!

    ReplyDelete