Tuesday 20 July 2010

one race down

I have done it, I have got in my first race since my injury. I find getting back into racing is always a bit daunting as you never know how you are going to fare. I knew I was never going to set any records and my 34.28 for the 10k great Sunderland run was a true reflection of my form and really what I expected, despite this a little bit of me still wanted to run faster! I now know just how much work I need to do in the next 12 weeks in the lead into the Chicago marathon, and August is really going to be about some good solid miles, specifically for the marathon.

Racing and understanding your times is all about knowing what point you are in your training cycle. I am not upset about my time, it is just a reflection of my current form. I know in 10weeks time I will be ready to run fast!

Today I did a 10mile tempo run just under 6min miles and it nearly wiped me out. This is re-enforcing just how much work I need to do...bring on the training!

1 comment:

  1. If you know you can do it you go for it. With some good quality tempo runs you'll get there. Keep up the hard work.

    ReplyDelete