Monday 7 June 2010

Double daytastic

I finally feel like I am getting somewhere. That familiar ache in my legs again is proof to me that the miles have been creeping up. I even banked 49 miles last week and as the week progress I feel more and more confident that my injury is getting stronger. My enthusiasm for running is back and I can feel my mind focusing on my goals again. It feels good to be back in the saddle, and come July I am sure I will be back in full training again.

It takes many runners as much restrain to rest as it does to train. Rest is rest, and the body needs it when it is ill or injured and the committed runner is no less committed if they rest and allow their body to heal. Only the silly and obsessed run on ignoring the signals their body gives them.

Enjoy your running!

1 comment:

  1. Great last paragraph. I feel better now. Being out with an achilles injury, although I am still cross training I don't feel committed to my running!

    ReplyDelete