Tuesday 4 May 2010

Tentative steps

That’s it! I did it. 2 weeks of complete rest!

I had to, with the stop start running and the injury hanging about I needed to just get rid of it and get out of the negative spiral I was in. The pressure of having the Edinburgh marathon looming meant I was trying desperately to hang onto my fitness; therefore I never really gave my body a chance to heal. Had I had 2 weeks off straight away...hmmm hindsight eh! So some 6 weeks since my niggle started I am finally running pain free all be it for 20mins at the moment. I have had to pull out of the Edinburgh marathon, which I am gutted about. I have been trying to keep my impatience and frustration in check and at times I have felt like I could just run at a sprint forever with all this energy boiling inside me. I have tried to focus and channel it into something else, but when I don’t run I can’t seem to think straight. I have to keep constantly reminding myself of the bigger picture, and now have my sights on getting fit for the Chicago marathon in October. Hopefully next time I write I will be running more, and injury woes will be way behind me!



2 comments:

  1. Good luck Liz. Funny isn't it... we are great at telling others to rest and yet we can never quite it get right for ourselves even though we know deep down what we should be doing. It's nice to know I am not alone... ;-)

    ReplyDelete